Saturday 26 January 2013

Reflections:

The Seven roles of the educator:
The role that I assume most often is that of assessor.

I am constantly assessing my students formally and informally. I learn alot from the formal assessments. The test scores tell me which concepts students understand and which concepts need to be revisited. The rubrics also give me information on areas of strengths and weaknesses. Oral questions also let me know who is paying attention and who is not.

If a student is sitting at the back of the room and I ask them a question to see if they are paying attention and they cannot answer me I would move them to a seat closer to the front or where there are less distractions.

When it comes to using rubrics I feel that students can be involved in the assessment process by providing ideas on how and what they feel should be assessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment